MHW Yosemite Meeting (12_3_01) - Jack's State of the Company Kickoff
Check out the end for a unique MHW twist! What's happening there? See What is this Lizard King About Which You Speak?
The sound is a little muddled in place. [Bracketed words or phrases are our best guess.]
Mike Wallenfels: This meeting will now come to order.
Jack Gilbert: While this meeting is going on we are actually having another international sales meeting. This is international, too, I don't want to [disparage] our international guests. We have another meeting going on in the UK. Mark Hrubrant is working with the folks from the UK and Germany...so this is kind of a [model/marvel?]: we have sales meetings going on in two continents. That reflects the growth of the company. It seem that 85 binders got made up for this meeting. Now that includes in-house people.
Jack: [??] so 85 wasn't enough?
So anyway, that's just doing a headcount. A lot of people are getting paid. That indicates some form of progress, anyway.
What I want to do, I want to talk a little bit about this year's results and talk about our plan and budget for 2002.
Ever since the recessions has been on and ever since the events of September 11th, I've felt kind of strange telling everybody that our business is strong:
- We're ahead of our profit goals and are actually by about $700k with 2 months to go.
- We've got a look at the expected data to report. The only thing we've really noticed is we've shipped...actually we're about $?20k above our budget in October and we'll probably be off about that much in Noverber...but reorders are averging $50k a day.
- Our original goal for July through December was $19.5M and we're going to hit about $18.5M to $18.7M.
- It depends on reorders in December. Last year we had about $1.39M in reorders so I think, guys,...
- the weather hitting some parts of the country early should help that. With the Northwest, and the Rockies and California offsetting weather other places.
[Al, Jack and Paul kick off an intro to forecasting with the traditional lizard toy and candy toss.]
Al Tabor: A new favorite this year. Lizard wrist bands!
Your comments are loved and appreciated.
Do us a favor -
Please take 2 minutes and give us feedback. Thanks!